- Awards & Appreciation
Gurdas Maan has been writing songs on a variety of subjects dealing with people and their problems, in the language of the people and making a strong impact in their hearts. The popularity of his songs is not limited to Punjab but the essence of his lyrics and music has spread to different parts of the world. Known as a poet, performer, singer and an actor who knows the pulse of the people, their likes and dislikes.
- Various Awards received by Gurdas Maan
- Des Hoyaa Pardes ( 2004 ) – Starring Gurdas Maan, Juhi Chawla, Divya Dutta and Parmeet Sethi was Sai Productions third film. It was a commercial blockbuster. The film received President’s National award and Best Actor ( special Jury’s Award ) for its lead actor Gurdas Maan for the portrayal of its character in the film.
- The award for the best male playback singer of 2006 is given to Gurdas Maan in Waris Shah - Ishq Daa Waaris ( 2006 ) for building the entire narrative through his singing of HEER.
- Berlin Asia Film Festival – Gurdas Maan won an award as the best actor.( Waris Shah )
- Best International Album at the UK Asian Music Awards for Bootpolishan.
- PTC Film Award Best actor ( Critic's ) For Sukhmani - Hope for life. 2011
- British doctorate for Gurdas Maan
Gurdas Maan was honoured with a doctorate in world music by the University of Wolverhampton, UK. Gurdas Maan, known for giving Punjabi Music a global face, received the honour on September 7 2010 and thereby joined the elite club of Paul McCartney, Bill Cosby and Bob Dylan.
"I am both touched and thankful for this recognition and I will continue entertaining my audience like always," This is what Gurdas Maan said in his press statement.
Gurdas Maan began his career with his smash-hit number 'Dil Da Maamla Hai' on Doordarshan in 1980. After that, there was no looking back. Today he has released over thiry albums, sung hundreds of songs and worked in more than a dozen films.
- Punjabi University Doctorate for Gurdas Maan
His Excellency Shri Shivraj V. Patil, Governor of Punjab and Chancellor, Punjabi University, will confer upon Gurdas Maan, degree of Doctor of Literature in recognition of his immense contribution in the field of Geet Sangeet and Punjabi Cinema at the 36th Convocation to be held on 14th December 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Read articles and view related images